Golf Holidays in Greece
In Greece there are 1,200 active members apart from the thousands of occasional players who come to the country on vacation. Greece offers the ideal conditions for golf, as its good weather and a good amount of hours of sunshine along the year, are more than enough to play golf, a favourite sport that many people play while enjoying their holidays. That is one of the reasons why Greece has emerged as a golf destination and offers a broad variety of opportunities to play golf. As golf has been one of the sports that enjoy a remarkable popularity in recent years and has gained large numbers of fans in Greece too, several golf courses operate throughout the country today, where thousands of golfists do this relaxing sport all year round. Some of the golf courses that meet the international standard of 18 holes are found in Athens, Corfu, Rhodes, Halkidiki and Crete.
Golf Clubs in Greece:
The Crete Golf club is a marvelous new addition to Europe’s rich reservoir of courses and it will soon be regarded as one of the finest tests in the whole of the southern Mediterranean. The new Bob Hunt PGA masterpiece is best described as a desert golf course hewn out of rolling landscape little more than half an hour from the international airport of Heraklion.It is located in Hersonissos, the Crete Golf Club is pretty different from all the others in the country, as it is a desert golf course surrounded by a landscape with breathtaking rolling mountains, at just an hour from the airport of Heraklion and it is the only 18-hole golf course in Crete Its variety of challenges for players of all levels and the breathtaking views of the mountaineous backcloth is a real attraction in its own right. The views on the back nine are incomparable and so is the service offered to visitors. Staff can supply a fine selection of quality hire clubs. They will go out of their way to fix up games for single golfers and can even arrange transportation as and when required. The standard of service at Crete Golf Club is exemplary and adds a great deal to what is already a special experience.
Porto Elounda Mare Golf court is located in Elounda area, in Crete. The golf course in the hotel surroundings is a 9-hole par-3 course and handicap 54 is required. This is usually enough for those who are on vacation and would like to practice their favourite sport while keeping themselves close to their accommodation place. However, the hotel is placed just at a 30-minute drive from the professional link course, which offers the possibility to take part in international tournaments at special rates for the hotel guests.
Golf View Hotel Course is located in Afandou village, inRhodes. This excellent golf course is placed in front of the Golf View Hotel, the fact that this golf is located so close to the Mediterranean Sea and built on a hill, contributes to make this location the ideal holiday resort for those whose main aim is to rest and carry out a healthy life while enjoying their favourite sports and watch the stunning landscapes of the area. The course was designed by the world famous architect, Donald Harradine.
Hotel Porto Carras Golf Course is located in Halkidiki. This is the perfect golf destination for those players who seek for high standard golf links and paradise environments. Its Mediterranean weather, with cool summers and temperate winters, makes it ideal to practice golf all year round in an international golf course placed at a short distance from a luxurious hotel. The courts cover an area of 777,000 square m.
Glyfada Golf Course is located in the suburbs of Athens, Glyfada Golf Club is an 18-hole par-72 golf course that was opened in 1966 and, since then, it has been offering outstanding international golf events in one of the greenest links in Europe. The thick shrubbery and the old trees of the area are the perfect frame for days of joy and entertainment and are ideal for golfers who like to admire the stunning landscapes while playing their favourite sport.
Corfu Golf Club is located in Corfu. By blending the natural features of Ropa valley with the man made facilities, the well-known architect Donald Harradine has achieved one of the best golf courses in Europe. The variety on this golf course also makes it an outstanding golf destination for selected players from all over the world. There are sand traps, lakes, sinuous streams and other remarkable characteristics abound in this treelined golf link. Open both in summer and in winter, its popularity has increased steadily among golfers all over the world.
Afandou Golf Course is located in Rhodes also, an 18-hole golf course presenting an interesting challenge for players of all levels. The extensive maintenance works make this course ideal to play golf all year round, and a set of different items and services for players, like caddies, balls, golf clubs and caddy carts, are available at reasonable prices.
Spa Holidays in Greece
The term spa is associated with water treatment which is also known as balneotherapy. Spa towns or spa resorts (including hot springs resorts) typically offer various health treatments. The belief in the curative powers of mineral waters goes back to prehistoric times. Such practices have been popular worldwide, but are especially widespread in Europe and Japan.
Baccara Holidays presents the best spa breaks at the best spa hotels Greece has to offer. Greece has long been associated to the ancient treatment methods used throughout the passage of time. We promise no matter what you choose from this exclusive range you will be impressed by the attention to detail and level of service on offer. You just can’t beat the combination of traditional Greek spa treatments and state of the art spa facilities. Take a relaxing break of a lifetime with our selected spa resorts and hotels in Greece. Each property has been chosen for its outstanding facilities, treatments and experts staff combined with breathtaking locations and luxury extras. Whether you seek respite from daily life, we have something for you.
Greece is one of the richest countries in the world in terms of natural spas. Thermal and mineral springs appear at 850 different geographical locations.
Spas are part of the country’s national wealth, while their therapeutic properties were already known in ancient times. Natural therapeutic springs are found in many different places in Greece, and the water from specific springs differs from ordinary water owing either to its high temperature, or to the presence of rare active components. The development of health and spa tourism in Greece has been rapid and there is to observe a significant growth of supply and service differentiation.
Moreover, thalassotherapy is used as a combination of relaxation, revitalisation, recreation and healing that is achieved in the ideal climatic conditions of Greece and with the use of its excellent seawater. Natural resources are still in use but a holistic provision of body and soul is being introduced including wide spectrum of fitness and wellness products and services. With one of the best climates in the world, with a unique variety of nature, as well as one of the healthiest diets in the world, Greece is the ideal proposal for psychological and physical health and the search for well-being.
Most popular Mineral Natural Springs in Greece are:
- Loutraki, close to Korinthos in Peloponnese is widely known for the extraordinary quality of its waters, which are ideal for the fresh water therapy. It offers a Therapy Centre of fresh water in an old building where there are mosaics of great artistic value. The water of Loutraki is said to heal uric disorders, kidney grit, gallstones, minor liver disorders and dyspepsia.
- Kaiafas, on the western coast of Peloponnese a short distance from Pyrgos town, the hot springs of Kaiafas are known for their therapeutic qualities since the ancient times. According to the ancient Greeks, the centaur Nesos washed the wound caused by the arrow of the mythical hero Hercules in these hot springs. These springs have the following therapeutic indications: skin and arthritic ailments, gallstones, gastric and intestinal disorders.
- Methana, on the eastern coast of Peloponnese, the springs of the area were already known in the 3rd century A.D. when, according to historians, there was a volcanic explosion. These waters are ideal to treat skin conditions, arthritic, gynaecological diseases and disorders in the peripheral nerves.
- Killini, on the western coast of Peloponnese. Due to the popularity of this location, it is preferable to combine therapeutic tourism with classical tourism. The therapeutic indications of Killini waters are disorders of the respiratory system, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and laryngitis and skin ailments.
- Kythnos, Cyclades Islands is placed to the north coast of Kythnos. Therapeutic indications: chronic rheumatism, arthritis deformity, sciatica, muscle aches, espondilartritis, salpingitis and endometritis.
- Thermopylae, in Fthiotida, Central Greece. The thermal springs of Thermopylae were already known in the ancient times and they are placed at 15 km south of Lamia, in the centre of Greece. A large flow of water is received and the rare phenomenon of a thermal waterfall is constituted. The therapeutic indications of this particular place are rheumatic conditions, arthritis, neurological and gynaecological disorders, and diseases of the respiratory system, asthma, bronchitis and pulmonary emphysema.
- Kamena Vourla, in Fthiotida, Central Greece. Kamena Vourla town is located 178 km to the north of Athens and it is one of the most famous therapeutic entities in the Greek territory. Their main therapeutic indications are chronic rheumatism, arthritis deformity, espondilarthritis, neuritis, sciatica, and disorders of the endocrine glands.
- Ikaria, Dodecanese Islands. The spring is found in Agios Kyrikos village. The place belongs to the Municipality of Agios Kyrikos and it offers spa for several health disorders.
- Santorini, Cyclades. Another less organized thermal spring is located in Santorini. There are famous thermal baths in Santorini which are naturally heated by the volcano. To reach the hot waters, visitors must go on a boat that stops at some meters from the hot area. Guests must then swim till the area, where the temperature is higher than the rest of the sea. Apart from the healthy waters, the sea bottom mud is very rich in minerals, which are supposed to be good for the skin.
Diving Holidays in Greek seas
The Greek seas offer perfect conditions for Greece diving in its clean and crystal clear waters and many visitors travel here only for diving. Scuba diving is allowed in all the sea areas of Greece and Greek islands. Our perennial experience in conjunction with reputable and qualified instructors from the early stages of training to technical education schools and mixed gas (nitrox – trimix) guarantee to cover the needs of our guests. Throughout Greece we provide a number of professional diving centres, offering a wide variety of scuba diving courses and lessons for all levels of diver, allowing everyone to appreciate and sample just how beautiful Greece is underwater.
The Greek seas are very popular for divers and these magical waters offer a wonderful selection of beautiful dive spots, colourful sea life, shipwrecks caves and many other unique underwater settings where you can explore and enjoy an alternative side to Greece.Spectacularly clear waters and abundant marine life make diving a popular pastime throughout the Greek seas. In June the seas warm to around 23C, with visibility of 30 metres or more. Popular diving destinations in the Aegean Sea include the islands of Amorgos, Crete and Lemnos, as well as Halkidiki on the mainland. In the Ionian Sea, limestone reefs and caverns are home to turtles, dolphins and barracuda; try Lefkas Island, or on the Peloponnese peninsula, head to Syros and Porto Heli.